‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to the following entities and their related bodies corporates:
- Mortgage House of Australia Pty Ltd ACN 081 508 054, Australian Credit Licence 393283;
- Well Nigh Pty Ltd ACN 131 937 632, Australian Credit Licence 392216;
- Mortgage House Broker Services Pty Ltd ACN 096 357 596;
- Mortgage House Capital Pty Limited ACN 106 171 537, Australian Credit Licence and Australian Financial Services Licence 312912;
- Paladin Wholesale Funding Pty Ltd ACN 098 680 623;
- Mortgage House Pty Ltd ACN 129 091 372;
- Branch Network (NSW) Pty Ltd ACN 129 214 777;
- Branch Network Pty Ltd ACN 129 214 768;
- Company Supplies Pty Ltd ACN 131 937 641;
- Mortgage House Capital Funding Pty Ltd ACN 603 906 878;
- Mortgage House Capital Funding No.1 Pty Ltd ACN 603 910 210; and
- Well Nigh Capital Funding No 1 Pty Ltd ACN 603 911 995.
We offer financial products and services within the mortgage industry. We process and assess information in respect of loan applications. We locate funders suitable to provide loans to you. We also market other products.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We seek to provide the best possible service to our customers by providing the best possible range of financial products and services.
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it for or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensure protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant law.
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you. The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation and any other information we may need to identify you. The personal information we hold about you may also include credit information.
Credit information is information which is used to assess your eligibility to be provided with finance and may include any finance that you have outstanding, your repayment history and any defaults. Usually, credit information is exchanged between credit and finance providers and credit reporting bodies.
If you are applying for finance, we may also collect the ages and number of your dependants and cohabitants, the length of time at your current address, your employment details and proof of earnings and expenses. If you apply for any insurance product through us, we may also collect your health information. We will only collect health information from you with your consent.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information for the purposes of assessing your application for finance and managing that finance. We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you. From time to time, we may offer other products and services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where reasonable and practical, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. We may also collect your personal information from credit reporting bodies, mortgage and finance brokers, accountants and lawyers.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements;
- to credit reporting bodies;
- to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance, such as third party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres, lenders mortgage insurers, trade insurers and mortgage managers;
- to insurers if you obtain insurance through us;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to entities to whom we outsource some of our functions or that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to any person or entity who represents you, such as finance brokers, lawyers, accountants and mortgage brokers;
- any industry body, government authority, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the approval or management of your lease or loan;
- to any person where we are required by law to do so or where you have provided your consent;
- where we are authorised to do so by law (such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth)), government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business;
- to our authorised representatives or credit representatives;
- to borrowers or prospective borrowers including in relation to any credit you guarantee or propose to guarantee;
- to claims related providers, such as assessors and investigators who help us with claims;
- to our auditors, insurers, re-insurers and health care providers;
- to financial institutions including stockbrokers, custodians, fund managers, portfolio service providers and other entities that administer your financial products; or
- to your employer, former employer, referees or identity verification services.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
(a) the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment; or
(b) you have consented to us making the disclosure.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located in or outside Australia.
We may collect the following kinds of credit information and exchange this information with credit reporting bodies and other entities:
- credit liability information being information about your existing finance which includes the name of the credit provider, whether the credit provider holds an Australian Credit Licence, the type of finance, the day the finance is entered into, the terms and conditions of the finance, the maximum amount of finance available, and the day on which the finance was terminated;
- repayment history information which is information about whether you meet your repayments on time;
- information about the type of finance that you are applying for;
- default and payment information; and
- court proceedings information.
We exchange this credit information for the purposes of assessing your application for finance and managing that finance.
This credit information may be held by us in electronic form on our secure servers and may also be held in paper form. We may use cloud storage to store the credit information we hold about you.
When we obtain credit information from a credit reporting body about you, we may also seek publicly available information and information about any serious credit infringement that you may have committed.
We may disclose your credit information to overseas entities that provide support functions to us. You may obtain more information about these entities by contacting us.
We exchange your credit information with credit reporting bodies. We use the credit information that we exchange with the credit reporting body to confirm your identity, assess your creditworthiness, assess your application for finance and manage your finance.
If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to any finance that we have provided or arranged or you have committed a serious credit infringement then we may disclose this information to a credit reporting body.
You have the right to request access to the credit information that we hold about you and make a request for us to correct that credit information if needed. Please see the heading Access and correction to your personal and credit information, below.
Sometimes your credit information will be used by credit reporting bodies for the purposes of ‘pre-screening’ credit offers on the request of other credit providers. You can contact the credit reporting body at any time to request that your credit information is not used in this way.
You may contact the credit reporting body to advise them that you believe that you may have been a victim of fraud. For a period of 21 days after the credit reporting body receives your notification the credit reporting body must not use or disclose that credit information. You can contact any of the following credit reporting bodies for more information:
MHA will not use or disclose sensitive information about you for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to that kind of use or disclosure.
MHA may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes including to provide you with current information about mortgage loans, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from MHA or from other organisations you may at any time decline to receive such information by:
- Clicking here for direct marketing by email,
- write to us on [email protected],
- contacting our office on (02) 8116 1010, or
- writing to us at PO Box 1962 North Sydney 2059
If you wish to know the source of the information being used, you may submit a request to [email protected] MHA will respond to your request as soon as practicable.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you, we will ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information is accurate or complete.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. To access personal information that we hold about you, click here to view our contact details.
We may charge a fee for our costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make, we may respond to your request immediately. Otherwise we will usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal or credit information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to the personal or credit information we hold about you.
If any of the personal or credit information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date, you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate, we will correct the personal information at the time of the request. Otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal or credit information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other finance providers or credit reporting bodies or entities as part of our investigation.
If we refuse to correct your personal or credit information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
BUSINESS WITHOUT IDENTIFYING YOU
In most circumstances, it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with your personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
HOW SAFE AND SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Code, you may contact our complaints officer on (02) 8116 1004.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with the response of our complaints officer, you may make a complaint to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme, the Credit and Investments Ombudsman Pty Ltd which can be contacted on 1800 138 422, or the Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal or credit information by contacting us.
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.